Mother's Day mini album | Crate Paper DT


Hello and welcome back! I’m so excited that this week we’re celebrating Mothers at the Crate Paper blog! Being a mom is all about family, and Mother’s day is a great time for creating a mini album about me being a Mom and a daughter. I used the beautiful Flourish collection by Maggie Holmes to document our most favorite family photos from last year.

This mini album is so easy to create, and filling the pockets with tags and photos is really fun! When I gathered all the supplies, I started to construct the base.


The cover is made from the Songbird paper, I trimmed 12x9 section and simply folded up the bottom to create pockets.  I adhered a tag ‘With Love’ as the title, added an ephemera flower with gold leaves to the top and the album is tied shut with ribbon.


I then created some tags for holding photos and journaling. Layering has always been my favorite technique. It definitely gives a lot of depth to my project. On the left side, I incorporated ephemera pieces, gold alphabet stickers and puffy stickers on my tag. On the right, I used the beautiful rose gold vellum sheet as the base of the tag and embellished with stickers and paper clip.


I decided to add hand stitched details to my album to make it more personal. I decorated the flowers with French knot stitching and the top of the pockets with Chain stitching. I also added a tiny piece of the gold decorative trim.


I placed photos, tags into the pockets, and finished my album with adding my journaling.


Do you have any scrapbooking traditions for documenting Mother’s Day? I hope you’ve found some inspiration in today’s post for your next project!

Supplies: Flourish Songbird Paper (344368) Flourish Primrose vellum Paper (344381) Flourish Ephemera (344387) Flourish Thickers Fleur Alpha (344389) Flourish Cardstock Stickers (344401) Flourish Decorative Trim, (344405) Flourish Puffy Gold Thickers (344388), Flourish Tiny Tassels (344399), Flourish Standouts (344396)

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love all your embellishment choices and the chain stitching is a wonderful touch! Do you have a youtube video on this mini album?

    ReplyDelete