Mother's Day gift ideas | American Crafts DT



Hello, dear Ladies! My mother always loves to get something handcrafted, and I try to surprise her with new ideas every year! This year I decided to create a teeny-tiny mini album for her that she can easily put in her purse, take everywhere and use as a keychain!

Sunshine & Good Times is my go-to collection for making mini albums, and I wanted to focus on the soft aspects of this line. To create the cover, I trimmed two pieces of heavy cardstock in size 1,5x2” and covered them with light blue Shine Bright paper. I connected them with a piece of striped fabric and adhered a magnet to the back of the front cover. Using magnets to keep close the mini album is one of my favorite technique so far! I placed another magnet between two pieces of pink felt, stitched them together with a ribbon and adhered a pretty flower sticker to the top.


The inner pages of the album have an easy pullout form. I trimmed three different patterned paper stripes, adhered them in line and folded by every 1,25”. I filled the album with family photos and embellished the pages with stickers from the Amy Tangerine sticker book.


I added my journaling to hidden tags, and also asked my daughter to draw a tiny drawing of her and her grandmother. I know my mom will love this tiny surprise from her grandchild!


My second gift idea is a super easy home decoration I created using many different Alpha stickers and paper flowers. I found this lovely quote on Pinterest, and thought that it would be a lovely gift for my mom.


I cut out an oval shape from the Shine Bright patterned paper and backed with a striped Sweetness paper. I created the title using 7 different alphabet stickers and surrounded them with a bunch of beautiful white paper flower.


Thank you so much for stopping by, I wish all the fabulous 'moms' out there a Happy Mother's Day!

Supplies: Sunshine & Good Times Shine Bright paper (345697), Sweetness (345693), Be happy (345702) Major Heat Eye (345687) Paper clips (345715) Officially Obsessed Cut-Outs (345684) Cardstock & Acetate Icons (345709) Washi Tape Rolls (345710) Inflated Ephemera (345725) Ombre Puffy Sticker (345713)   Alphabet stickers (346639, 346645, 346640, 346641, 346643, 346657, 346628, 346630) Paper flowers (346677, 346679), Amy Tangerine sticker book (344862)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete