Creating with Stay Colorful | American Crafts DT

 

Hi Ladies! I’m so excited to share with you what I have created for the American Crafts blog with the latest collection by Dear Lizzy, ‘Stay Colorful’.
This new line is so sweet and pretty, I love the hand-drawn graphics and all the fun adventure elements. It fits to many themes, I could make a hundred layouts using them!

To be honest, it was so hard to decide which paper to grab for my first project. I ended up with choosing the Sweetness paper for my background. The photo of my sister-in-law and me adhered in the middle row really made the photo stood out.


For adding a title, I fussy cut a phrase from the Radical cut-apart sheet. I used the cute glittered mini clothespin to put together with some layered patterned papers and adhered them next to my photo. I arranged some pretty flower die-cuts and layered stickers around my photo.
I also stamped some pink stars using the acrylic stamp set, it helped me to create a visual triangle and draws one’s eye to the photo.



 To create a unique background, I fussy cut hand-drawn flowers form the Far Out paper and adhered them to the top left and the bottom right corner of the page using foam tape. On the bottom right, I created a cluster with gold die-cut phrase and ephemera pieces. I love the dimensions and the shiny look of the glittered acrylic shapes, I adhered a white heart above my photo.


How adorable are these cat mermaids? I can’t resist to use them on my layout, and they fit my theme perfectly. I placed them to the bottom right of the page and surrounded them with fussy cut flowers and gold stickers. 


 I hope you like my first layout made with Stay Colorful collection. I can’t wait to share more with you. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment