Sunny Days mini album | Crate Paper DT


Hello everybody, thanks for stopping by today! I have a new mini album to share using the stunning Sunny Days collection. This mini album is all about my favorite moments at the beautiful Mediterranean Sea from last year. I’m an absolutely ‘summer type’ girl, and feel like this collection is just made for me! The beautiful bright colors and the lovely summer themed embellishments go hand-in-hand!

Check out this short & sweet process video so you can see how this mini album came together:


The album is a 4.5″x6″ size which I constructed using patterned papers. To create the spine of the album I used a simple accordion fold to attach all of my pagetoand made it stronger using plastic sheet and ribbon.


I wanted to keep my album playful and interactive, so I trimmed my pages in different sizes, and added a lot of tiny extra pages to the main pages.



My plan was to put one photo on each page and place my journaling behind the photo using a journaling tag. To do this, I turned all pages into a pocket by folding the papers in half and machine stitched them around. I used these paper pockets as main pages for my album.



The pages above are some of my favorites in this album. I love the combination of the Sunkissed and Apple patterned paper, so I fussy cut some flowers and adhered them to the blue background. I also used a 3x4″ piece of the Apple paper to create a journaling tag and placed into the page pocket.


On the next page, I used the super cool Happy Place paper’s B side as my main page, and can’t resist adding that cute bicycle chipboard sticker under my photo. I added a tiny label from the puffy thicker sheet underneath.
Sunny Days collection is jam-packed with cute summer themed embellishments. I arranged a bunch from them on my next page around my photo. One of my favorite things at summer is laying in the sun, breath in the fresh air, reading a good book and relax. I wanted to feature this relax mood on the page, so I placed the photo to the bottom of the page and added cute ‘beach things’ around.


Here are the additional spreads inside the mini album. The left page is an interactive page I created from paper stripes. I also added a black and white ephemera piece to the front and decorated with a hand-stitched flower using pink and yellow thread.



On the last page of the mini album, I used the beautiful gold alpha stickers to create the title and added one from those fancy striped bows under the photo.









I love getting our photos off the computer and into something that can be touched and flipped through!  I hope you are inspired to document your memories into a mini album using Sunny Days collection. Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies: Sunny days collection | Parasol (350789). Apple Blossom (350786), Sun Kissed (350782), Splendor (350775), Seaside (350773), Happy Place (350772), Metal Clips (350814), Fabric Bows (350813), Rhinestones (350811), Charms (350810), Sticker Book (350807), Cardstock stickers (350803), Ephemera (350802), Chipboard stickers (350801), Puffy Thickers (350800), Gold foam Alpha (350799), Puffy Alpha stickers (350798)

3 comments:

  1. Who is the musical artist you played during the tutorial? Her music was a great backdrop of this beautiful little album. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is coming!!! I'm ready to have fun - and make a mini album. Yours is perfect, love the summer collors

    ReplyDelete