Card duo with Willow Lane collection | Crate Paper DT


Hi Ladies! I'm up on the Crate Paper blog sharing two cards I made with the brand new - and seriously amazing!! -  Willow Lane collection. Maggie’s new collection is so inspiring, I’m having way too much fun creating with it.
Patterned papers are always one of my favorite things in any collection, and wanted to use as many patterns as possible on my project! I decided to create interactive cards with a cardstock base and cover the front with several patterned papers. To do this, I created two card bases with an extra flap from white cardstock. I folded them in three, covered the front with patterned papers and adhered a piece of lace to the bottom of the flap. I used the same technique for both cards, and love that the cards look like they are a part of a set because of the major design aspects are the same.

I love the fun and playful nature of Willow Lane and decided to embrace that when creating these cards. The main element of the first card is the cute bunny from the ephemera pack. I wanted to create lots of layers but also add softness – achieved through the doily – and lots of dimensions. The layers made up of the background patterned papers, die-cut tag, fussy cut flowers and the beautifully glittered heart standout. I cut the ‘cute’ title from the Daydream paper. That paper has all these lovely sentiments and words that would be perfect to fussy cut and use as a title on your projects.  


For the second card, I used the light blue Together and Sparrow papers as my base. I adhered the ‘You are Loved’ ephemera piece to the center using foam tape and layered tag behind. I couldn’t resist to add the cute unicorn sticker under the title and also added a piece of washi tape to the top. The yellow fussy cut butterfly was the perfect accompanying piece.


Of course, a card isn’t complete without an envelope! This was super quick to make thanks to the colorful pattern papers and the stamp set. I cut the envelope using my cutting machine, backed it with light-colored paper and added stamped images using the collection’s stamp set. I had an envelope in minutes that coordinated beautifully and fit the cards perfectly.
Thanks for joining me today, I hope you’re all inspired to create with this gorgeous collection!


Supplies: WILLOW LANE collection – Friendship (344446) / Sweet Rose (344447) / Sweet One (344453) / Happy Times (344463) / Sparrow (344456) / Blossom (344464) / Together (344465) /   / Clear Stamp (344479) / Chipboard Stickers (344484) / Die Cuts (344486) / Rub-Ons ( 344474) / Standouts (344475) / Washi Tapes (344480)

No comments:

Post a Comment