It!s Party Time | Crate Paper DT


I’m up on the Crate Paper blog today with a fun party idea! In my personal experience, parties are more successful if I give my guests something to do when they arrive. And my favorite of those activities is a DIY photo booth! Having a photo booth is so fun and gives attendees—who may not know one another—a point of commonality and a simple conversation starter. It also creates a great keepsake for you and your guests. They will appreciate having a photo of themselves with their friends, their kids. And, of course, I always add some fun props to make it even more memorable.
This year I created a summer-themed photo booth for our regular beach party. I started off with a big frame which I colored with mint acrylic paint. I placed it on a small table and put in front of the white wall that I used as a background. I also involved the frame with tulle to add a playful look. The next step was to decorate the frame with tropical embellishments. I used my cutting machine to create tropical flowers and created two clusters using the die cut flowers and some sticker leaves from the Wild Heart collection.
Next, I arranged the ‘This is PARADISE’ sentiment to the top left corner of the frame using cardstock stickers, and adhered butterflies to the top.


To add more fun, I created party props for our guests. Sunglasses, hats, camera, flags, and hearts are always good choices!


I adhered the props to wood sticks and put them into a standing frame. I also placed a piece of patterned paper into the frame and used alphabet stickers to create the ‘Beach Baby’ title.


Paper crown is something that I never miss to create when I set up a DIY photo booth. I trimmed two paper stripes from patterned paper and added pretty flowers from the Flourish collection and cardstock stickers from Wild Heart collection.


My daughter was the first who wanted to try the photo booth, she enjoyed so much playing with the fun photo props.


A picture’s worth a thousand words, don’t you think? Thank you for stopping by today! Bea   

Supplies: Crate Paper Wild Heart collection- Wildly (344420), Animal (344427), Palms (344422), Daze (344423), Paradise (344425), Jungle (344428), Chipboard Stickers (344434), Cardstock Stickers (344435), Ephemera Cardstock Die-Cuts (344436), Thickers Stickers (344438), Standouts (344439) Flourish collection - Decorative Trim, (344405), Puffy Gold Thickers (344388), Tiny Tassels (344399), Standouts (344396)

No comments:

Post a Comment