The sweetest thing | American Crafts DT


Welcome back! The best of the Vicki Boutin mixed media stuff is that you don't have to be an artist to create pretty things. This time I grabbed Vicki's watercolor set to play with.
I love the look of painted flowers and I thought it would be fun to use watercolor on die-cut flowers.


First I cut some flowers and leaves from watercolor paper using my Cameo. Then I mixed 3-4 shades of purple and green from watercolor and started to paint the die cuts. It was so much fun to play with the lighter and darker shades, and just love the result!


I bent up the edges of the petals and leaves, and layered them through the patterned paper background. I cut in around a of my little girl and placed in the center. 


To add more interest, I placed stickers and ephemera pieces among the flowers. Dropped black paint over the page to finish.


I hope I could inspire you to create with your mixed media stuff on your next layout! Thank you for stopping by! Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment