Father's Day cards | American crafts DT


Hello everyone! I’m so excited that this week we’re celebrating Fathers at the American Crafts blog! It’s a great time for creating handmade goodies to show our love and gratitude to the men in our lives.
 The Twilight collections nature-based color scheme with its shades of blue and brown is the perfect way to craft some Father’s day cards! What is even more of a bonus is the bicycle, books, and radio embellishments… perfect add-ons for a masculine project. I decided to make 2 cards and because everything was perfectly coordinated in this collection they came together effortlessly!


My first card is based around the white spotted paper, which I trimmed into a square. I created a pocket with stitching the blue marble patterned paper on the top. I then used a large hole punch to cut a circle from vellum and adhered with foam tape to the center of my card. I placed a bicycle sticker on the top and adhered paper stripes behind.
I placed the ‘Best Dad ever!’ message into the pocket which I created using alphabet stickers and embellished with pretty paper clips.


For the front of the second card, I used a combination of Evening and Garden tiles pattern papers. I decorated the top of the pocket with washi tape and arranged a pretty handmade rosette to the center. For adding the title I chose the Love wood veneer piece which I adhered to the inner card. 


Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! I hope that you’ve been inspired to make some Father’s day cards of your own to give to your loved one!


Supplies: 1Canoe2 Twilight - Twilight Marble (346427), Field Notes (346418), Flight of Moths (#346426), Garden Tiles (#346428), Twilight Blooms (346421), Flag clips (346438), Veneer shapes (346435), Buttons (346334), Hazel Thickers (346432), 6”x12” stickers (346430), Washi tape (346436) Ephemera Die-Cuts (346431)

No comments:

Post a Comment