Summer Vibes - COCOA VANILLA STUDIO


New turn on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio blog! Today I’m sharing a new layout using the Wild at Heart collection and the new freebie summer cut files available in the store here.
Cut files are great technique to use on your layouts and crafty projects. Whether you create a background element, embellish your layout or, like I’m showing you today, use a big title there are so many ways to use them.
I love to incorporate a large title into my design, and this time I decided to cut my title vertically from a white card stock! I backed the letters with patterned paper, and stitched around them with multi-colored thread. Stitching the outlines gave me that extra texture I always try to achieve on my layouts.
I cut some thin stripes from different patterned paper, adhered to the white card stock and placed my photos whimsical on the paper stripes. I adhered the photos with 3D foam tape so under them I could place different embellishments.


Next, I built several layers behind the pictures. Tags, chipboards and die cuts from the collection were used to frame these sweet photos of our summer holiday.  I couldn’t resist sticking here that lovely sun die cut because it’s just too cute. To finish I dropped watercolor around the layout.
Thanks for joining me today, I hope you’ve got a lot of inspiration this week on the blog! Bea



No comments:

Post a Comment