Hoppy Easter Party | American Crafts DT


Happy weekend Friends! I shared some Easter decoration ideas on the American Crafts blog this week. Decorating a small spot at my house is always fun!
All I needed for this decoration was the new Dear Lizzy Stay Colorful collection. This collection has lovely, fresh colors and cute icons, just perfect for a spring themed decoration.


To be honest, I didn’t have a concrete plan when I started the decoration. I just wanted to create some pretty things that came to me. Treat boxes, pinwheels, flower banners, painted eggs, rosettes, clouds… everything that makes us happy at Easter.

I started the decoration with creating huge rosettes using patterned paper. I bent the papers in inches, adhere them using a hot glue gun, and punched big circles to decorate their center. When finished, I started to create a pretty flower banner. I used my trusty scissors to fussy cut flowers and leaves from the Funkadelic paper and machine stitched them align. I also created a ‘Hoppy Easter’ banner using alphabet stickers.


I can’t resist creating some pinwheels using colorful patterned paper. The glittered acrylic shapes are so pretty at the center of the pinwheels.


Have you spotted the lovely unicorn eggs? To create them, I painted some plastic eggs using Vicki Boutin acrylic paint and added glittered horn, flowers and rub-on transfer eyes from the Unicorn Easter Egg Kit. They are just adorable! I used tear-away stripes to create paper rings for bases.


The treat boxes are my children’s favorite, of course. I cut the boxes using my Silhouette Cameo and decorated them with ephemera pieces. I jazzed up the Easter basket with a pretty tear-away strip and a cute bow.


Here are some close-ups just because they are so pretty to look at J




I absolutely love how colorful is this Easter decoration and hope you’ll give this project a try!  Happy Easter crafting friends! Bea

Supplies: Dear Lizzy Stay Colorful double-sided cardstock Bell Bottom Blue (346467), Funkadelic (346485) Gimme Five (346475), 12x12” Paper Pad (346501), Adhesive Glitter Resin Shape (346494), Cardstock stickers ( 346486), Layered stickers (346495), Ephemera cardstock die-cuts (346489), Mini clothespins (346497), Thicker stickers (346487), Glittered die-cut phrases (346498), Unicorn Easter Egg Kit (345786), Vicki Boutin Acrylic Paint (343904)

No comments:

Post a Comment