Adding dimension to a mini album | Crate Paper DT


Hello, Girls, I'm up on the Crate Paper blog with a new project today. This time, I would like to share with you a new mini album I created using the gorgeous Flourish collection by Maggie Holmes.
I adore all the beautiful floral papers and cheerful embellishments, this collection is just perfect for documenting everyday memories, I was so excited to get playing and creating.

This album is simple and fun, easy to put together. I trimmed the base of my mini album from white cardstock. This way I could create my pages separately and adhere to the base later. Since I love decorating my pages and adding dimension, I always want to be sure that I have enough space between the pages. I cut three pieces of cardstock (8 ¾ x 5”, 8 ½ x5, 8 ¼ x5”), and bent them 4” from the edges. This way I got 6 pages in size 4x5”, and all the papers have different spine widths. I punch two holes on the spines (one on the top and one on the bottom), and added colorful eyelets to the holes. Once I was done, just gathered all the pages together and bound them with a ribbon. I was so happy when I found this green velvet ribbon from the Carousel collection, its strong enough and fit my album perfectly.


On all pages, I used ephemera pieces, stickers, gold puffy thickers and lots of patterned papers repeatedly to create a cohesive look.


Interactive pages are always a good idea to make the mini album more interesting! On the left side, I added flip pages using ephemera pieces and cardstock sticker and I also included a confetti bag which I filled with gold leaves and gold sequences.


Isn’t this embroidered bird just so cute? I backed a wood frame with patterned paper and adhered the birdy to the center with dimensional adhesive.  On the left side, I used a beautiful rose ephemera piece to create a photo holder and decorated the page with gold leaves puffy sticker and added a pretty layered butterfly sticker on the top.


Sometimes simple is the best! Adding vellum pocket is one of my favorite technique to create more space for photos and memorabilia.  The pink mini tassel looks so pretty hanging on the paper clip.


On the last spread, I added a flip page on the right and decorated with fussy cut butterflies. On the right, I adhered a piece of decorative trim next to the photo and layered gold puffy stickers and cardstock stickers below.



This mini album turned out better than I could have expected and the reaction of my family has been priceless. It was so worth the effort. Here are more details from the album:





Thank you for stopping by today, I hope this gives you some new ideas to try on your next mini album.


Supplies: Flourish Anne Paper (344361), Flourish Grandiflora Paper (344374), Flourish Poppy Paper (344362), Flourish Poetic Paper (344366), Flourish Nostalgic Paper (344370), Flourish Always Paper (344367), Flourish Ephemera+ (344394), Flourish Ephemera (344387), Flourish Standouts (344396), Flourish Tiny Tassels (344399), Flourish 6x12 Stickers (344385), Flourish Cardstock Stickers (344401), Flourish Chipboard Stickers (344386), Flourish Puffy Gold Thickers (344388), Flourish Wood Veneer Frames (344400), Flourish Embroidered Patch Bird (344392), Flourish Decorative Trim (344405), Carousel Ribbon (379124)

No comments:

Post a Comment