Dimensional layout with Box of Crayons - American Crafts DT


I'm up on the American Crafts blog with a colorful and bright layout using the Box of Crayons collection by Shimelle. 

Let’s take a look at this brand new collection! I love the bright colors and cute phrases in this release, they are perfect for documenting everyday memories. It has so many great patterned papers, and I wanted to feature a lot of them on the layout I share today. 
The theme of my layout is my little daughter who loves creating (just like her mommy), and who always has the best creative ideas!


When I started browsing through the papers, I was immediately drawn to the Cut Here patterned paper. The rainbow color design is so pretty!  My idea was to create a bunch of butterflies and match them to the color of the circles.  


 I used my Cameo to cut out the butterflies from different patterned papers and layered them with vellum. I fix them with machine stitching and added matching sequences to each of them.


I arranged my photo to the middle of the page and placed a wide stripe of vellum and a light colored pattern paper behind. I find that the colored pencils on the Writer’s block paper were perfect for my theme, so I fussy cut them and adhered to the right side of the photo using foam tape. The puffy stickers are so cute in this collection, I placed a matching sticker to the end of each pencil.


On the left side of the photo, I created a cluster using Glitter shaker stickers and fussy cut embellishment pieces.


I love how this page turned out. I always like to use lots of pretty embellishments but with the matching color technique, the result is not busy at all. Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment: