A bouquet of spring - COCOA VANILLA STUDIO


Since it’s ‘Seasons’ week on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio blog, I’m sure you’ve had great inspiration already. I love using flowers on my projects in all forms, like die cuts, fussy cut shapes, ephemera pieces, wood veneers, so it was not a question that I chose SPRING!
I took many photos of my little girl last spring, she enjoyed so much picking flowers from the garden (and put all of them into her hair, because she played ‘flower princess’ ... I decided to use the soft and beautiful Love Always collection for my layout, it is absolutely perfect for a floral theme.


I started my layout with die cutting a my floral bouquet cut file from white card stock, and backed the flowers with soft pink patterned paper. For the leaves I used mint patterned paper. I chose a wide striped patterned paper as my background, and placed the flowers in the middle of the page.  For adding some interesting details I stitched circles behind the flower shapes.


I layered paper doily and some pieces of patterned paper behind my photo, and placed in the center of my layout. I like the way how the flowers surround the photo and drive the eyes to the focal point! For embellishing I arranged some ephemera pieces, stickers, wood veneers and a flair button around my photo. I mainly adhered them with foam tape which gives depth to the layout.
For creating my title I mixed and matched the pretty handwritten wood veneer shape with some chip board letters, and stamped the date of the photo above them.


I hope I could inspire you with my layout today! Have a nice weekend! Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment