That's my boy - COCOA VANILLA STUDIO

Happy Thursday, friends! I was up on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio blog again, and I shared a new layout using the awesome YOU ROCK collection.
This collection is just bagging for being used for a masculine layout, so I picked one of my favorite photo of my son (I have three sons, so I think this collection is made just for me :)) and started to dive into the pretty papers and embellishments!
I decided to mix and match two patterned paper for creating a colorful background, so I trimmed and adhered them two thirds of the wide. I placed my photo in the center and layered a torn paper behind the photo.
The cut apart sheet was the first thing that caught my eye when I received this collection! I love the cool stripes, the fresh colors and the pretty fonts! I trimmed the sheet into pieces and placed 2-2 cards at both sizes of the photo. I loved the mixture of the colors and patterns! For adding some interesting details I embellished the page with stickers, wood veneers, enable crosses and fussy cut stars. I just love the look of the black rubber charm with the little piece of twine.
I wanted to create a hidden message for my son, and write some private sentences just for him.  To do this, I cut a little gap at the right bottom of the page using craft knife, created a paper pocket on the back of the paper and slipped into a tag with my journaling.
Here’s one more close-up of the hidden message đź™‚
I hope this gives you some inspiration and/or ideas to try!  Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a wonderful day! Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment